Sumter Forest Temple :: วัดป่าซัมเตอร์
RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Nonprofit Corporation - Domestic
(As Restated on July 4, 2011)
1. The current name of the nonprofit corporation is Wat Rattanavanaram, hereafter referred to as the “Corporation.”
2. The Corporation is domestically incorporated in the State of South Carolina on February 15, 2001.
3. The Corporation’s name shall be changed to Sumter Forest Temple.
4. The Corporation is a religious corporation.
5. The Corporation will not have members. Membership is not required to join or receive any religious services of the Corporation.
6. The Corporation is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, religious, and educational purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
7. The current registered agent of the Corporation is Chinnaphat Khotwong.
8. The current principal office of the Corporation is:
2275 Thomas Sumter Highway
Sumter, SC 29153-9514
9. The mailing address of any service of process of the Corporation is:
2275 Thomas Sumter Highway
Sumter, SC 29153-9514.
10. The name and address of each incorporator is as follows:
Chinnaphat Khotwong 2275 Thomas Sumter Highway, Sumter, SC 29153-9514.
Phuriphat Suthasiri 2275 Thomas Sumter Highway, Sumter, SC 29153-9514.
Nikhom Artdech 2275 Thomas Sumter Highway, Sumter, SC 29153-9514.
11. No part of the net earnings of the Corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers, or other private persons, except that the Corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions, in furtherance of the purposes set forth in the purpose clause hereof.
12. No substantial part of the activities of the Corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the Corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributions of statements) and political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the Corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by an organization exempt from federal income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code , or (b) by an organization, contributions to which are deductible under section 170 (c) (2) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
13. Upon the dissolution of the Corporation, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose. Any such assets not disposed of shall be disposed of by the Court of Common Pleas of the county in which the principal office of the corporation is then located, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
14. Should the articles of the incorporation of the Corporation be amended or restated for efficient management, approval of the amendment or restatement by members is not required in accordance with the Corporation’s bylaws.
15. The following directors of the Corporation sign the restated articles of incorporation:
Chinnaphat Khotwong President _____________________________
Phuriphat Suthasiri Vice President ______________________________
Nikhom Artdech Secretary & Treasurer _____________________________
Restated on the 4th day of July 2011